All the team signup information is in the link below. There will be a meeting on Thursday, December 9th at 5:30pm and 6:45 pm in the KM High School Library or Google Meet on Monday December, 13th at 6:00 pm. We are going to discuss the team expectations, criteria, and to assist with signing up on the site.
- Athletes must be a student enrolled and in good standing of the Kettle Moraine School District in grades 6 through 12.
- The athlete must demonstrate the emotional and physical ability to safely handle a firearm.
- All athletes must show evidence of completion of a sanctioned hunter/gun safety course prior to the first team practice. No athlete will be allowed to participate unless they have passed a safety course.
- Any athlete that, in the coach’s determination, is unsafe, uncooperative, disrespectful or is a detriment to the team, in any way, will be dismissed from the team, without any refunds.
- Athletes must complete all SSSF/SCTP applications and have paid the $235 New Athletes fee payable to KMHS by January 15, 2022. Existing athletes will have their last year’s balance applied to this year.
- The athlete must sell and turn in $300 in raffle ticket sales. Ticket sales cover the cost of practice and practice shells.
- A parent, or guardian of the athlete must agree to serve as either an assistant coach or a volunteer parent on a committee.
- Athletes are required to provide their own ear and eye protection for practice and events.
- Athletes are required to sign up for practice and events using Signup Genius. An introductory email will be sent.
- Athletes must attend a minimum of 6 full practices. Athletes must be on time for practice and may not leave early.
- If an athlete signs up to participate in a shooting event and then cancels or doesn’t show for that event, the athlete must pay the event fee to the club and cannot participate in future events until payment is made.
- Per agreement with the School District, athletes are forbidden to transport guns to practices. Guns MUST be transported to the club by parents or coaches. Students may never transport guns to school property or leave guns in vehicles at school parking lots. Violation of this rule results in dismissal from the team!
What Grade Levels are Eligible
- Intermediate Entry – 6th, 7th & 8th Grades first year in competition
- Advanced Intermediate – 7th & 8th Grade 2nd year in SCTP competition
- Junior Varsity – 9 -12 Grades 1st year competing in SCTP
- Varsity – 10-12 Grades that competed in 2021 SCTP
- Collegiate – KM Alumni enrolled in an accredited college or university
*There are awards for each level at most events
As a KMHS Club Sport students will be eligible for athletic letters.
The Kettle Moraine Trap and Sporting Clays mission is to help kids reach their highest potential in becoming the best athlete and young adults they can be. The KMTSC is a youth development program, first and foremost and we do this through the shooting sports and competitive shooting. We believe each individual on our team has the right to excel and grow through the sport.
Teamwork is a must in youth sports. If your child is not learning teamwork while playing a sport, ask yourself why and do something to change it. Cooperation is people working together to share the burden. When you cooperate, you join with others to do things that cannot be done alone. Athletes who cooperate in youth sports understand these truths. I can do more with my teammates than I can do alone. Every player on my team is making a unique contribution to the game. We will succeed when we work together.